Subject: 24.3.50; C-q F1 does not display help, inserts null

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 05:47:06 +0300

Steps to reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-q F1

This momentarily flashes the help text, and inserts a null character.
The expected result is that the help text is displayed, and Emacs
waits for another keystroke and inserts that.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.26 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-04-06 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 116914 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0
 -gdwarf-2 -g3''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - C-g C-q <f1> <return> M-x r e p o 
r t - e n <tab> <backspace> <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 75080 5898)
 (symbols 32 17563 0)
 (miscs 32 34 97)
 (strings 16 10984 3506)
 (string-bytes 1 274804)
 (vectors 8 9528)
 (vector-slots 4 373747 2332)
 (floats 8 58 264)
 (intervals 28 242 94)
 (buffers 508 12))