Subject: bug#17210: 24.3.50; help mode [back] link to a C-h b keybind listing fails with message "Current buffer is not in Help mode"

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 19:42:40 +0300

> Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 18:34:38 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>  [email-masked]
> 
>  > If "back" doesn't get you back, then it isn't really a solution, is
>  > it?
> 
> My first conclusion was wrong.  "back" gets me the right buffer but it
> gives me different contents.

That is a different problem, and AFAIK it is not new: try the same in
Emacs from before your pixelwise resize changes, and I think you will
see the same behavior.

> and *Help* has 1637 lines.  Confusing.  I think I'll have to debug
> `describe-buffer-bindings' to find out what happens.

I think it simply describes bindings in another buffer (*Help* instead
of *scratch*).