Subject: 24.3.50; ComposeKey not working

From: Giulio Petrucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 15:32:39 +0200

I have set the righ Alt key as the composition key (for accents, ecc)
but in Emacs it doesn,t work. My OS is Ubuntu 13.10.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
 of 2014-01-02 on alphard, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20140101-1~ppa1~saucy1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11405000
System Description: Ubuntu 13.10

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-snapshot
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN
 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  writeroom-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
n a SPC p r o v a SPC d ' a s c o l t o SPC d e l l
a SPC S e t t i m a SPC S S i n f o n i = <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> i <backspace> <backspace> i n f o n i a
SPC d i SPC B e e t h o v e n SPC e s e g u i t a SPC
d a SPC <backspace> <backspace> a SPC u n a SPC <backspace>
<backspace> ' o r c h e s t r a SPC l o c a l e . SPC
N e l l a SPC s a l a SPC f a c e v a SPC u n SPC c
a l d o SPC i n c r e d i b i l e . <S-return> S i
a m o . SPC N o i SPC d u e . SPC I o SPC e d <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> E l
e o n o r a SPC e d SPC i o . SPC F r e q u e n t i
<backspace> i a m o SPC l a SPC s t e s s a SPC s c
u o l a SPC d i SPC d o t t o r a t o , SPC q u i SPC
a l l ' u n i <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> U
n i v e r s i t <Multi_key> ` a <backspace> <backspace>
a ; <backspace> ' SPC d i SPC T r e n t o . C-x C-s
M-x r e p o <tab> r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
<Multi_key> is undefined [3 times]
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
Visual-Line mode enabled
Auto-saving...done
<Multi_key> is undefined
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/petrux/Dropbox/Idee/QuintoMovimento.txt...
Wrote /home/petrux/Dropbox/Idee/QuintoMovimento.txt
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/latex-cjk-common/cjktilde hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-common/cjktilde
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/latex-cjk-common/cjk-enc hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-common/cjk-enc
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/latex-cjk-common/cjkspace hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-common/cjkspace
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/pylint/pylint hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/pylint/pylint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode writeroom-mode advice help-fns ido
pos-tip auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tex-site info easymenu package compile comint
ansi-color ring time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)