Subject: Re: bug#17190: 24.4.50; fill-flow checks quoted lines after deleting leading space

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 16:59:34 -0700

Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please beware Space-Stuffing at the first line.  The first line is not
> quoted one.  " > ABC " and "DEF" have the same quotation level.

Ah, I missed that bit.  And:

4.4.  Space-Stuffing

   In order to allow for unquoted lines which start with ">", and to
   protect against systems which "From-munge" in-transit messages
   (modifying any line which starts with "From " to ">From "),
   Format=Flowed provides for space-stuffing.

   Space-stuffing adds a single space to the start of any line which
   needs protection when the message is generated.  On reception, if the
   first character of a line is a space, it is logically deleted.  This
   occurs after the test for a quoted line, and before the test for a
   flowed line.

So `fill-flowed' is definitely doing this wrong -- it just deletes the
space stuffing before it does any of the processing, which is the
opposite of what it should do, really.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no