Subject: Re: bug#17175: 24.3.50; continuing mail doesn't select "unsent mail" buffers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:07:06 +0100

Ken Olum <[email-masked]> writes:

> If message-generate-new-buffers is 'unsent (the default in 24.3), then
> messages being composed go in buffers beginning "*unsent mail".  But if
> you try to continue sending mail, you don't get such buffers selected
> but rather a new buffer created called "*mail*".
>
> To reproduce:
>
> emacs -Q
> C-x m
> C-u C-x m

Yes, as far as I can tell, Message doesn't support "continuing" editing
a message at all.  It's a slightly indeterminate thing to do as you may
be editing a number of messages, but I guess the DWIM thing to do would
be to select the most recently unsent Message buffer?  I'll make that
change.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no