Subject: Re: bug#17172: 24.3.50; Timeouts when pasting from mouse

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:10:20 +0200

> We need some relevant info, like what OS are you running, what desktop
> environment, what is the "my browser" that you selected from?
> Can you select text from "my browser" into another application?

FWIW, there's some info in bug#16737 which looks very much like a
duplicate of this one (I tried merging them but I got an error because
their importance is different). Could you have a look ? In particular I
mentionned there:
> Whenever I eval (x-get-selection 'SECONDARY) (or 'PRIMARY or
> 'CLIPBOARD, for that matter), it hangs for a few seconds and then
> throws "Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner". No matter
> what is in that selection, even if it is empty.
Hopefully this answers your question.

But now it's been a few days (perhaps weeks) that I have not seen this
problem.

Copy/pasting between other apps worked fine, even pasting into a newly
started emacs session worked.

-- 
Nico.