Subject: bug#17170: 24.3.50; debug: Terminal 3 is locked, cannot read from it

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:41:54 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> Please describe how you started the remote session, and how you got
> into "emacs -nw" in the same session.  There's something I must be
> missing here.

the remote session was started by opening gnome-terminal, then doing:
$ tmux # this starts a new tmux session.
$ cd ~/path/to/emacs/src
$ gdb emacs # drops me in gdb.
(gdb) r -nw

now emacs is started. I can detach from tmux and open graphical frames
using "emacsclient -c".

When working remotely, I can either run emacsclient from ssh, or run
"tmux a" for reattaching the initial frame. The reason I do this is to
be able to reattach to the gdb session in case it takes control and I'm
working over ssh.

I hope the picture is now complete.

-- 
Nico.