Subject: bug#17169: fails to start with (setq force-load-messages t) in ~/.emacs

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:43:25 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> From: Ivan Shmakov Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:45:28 +0000

 >> Package: emacs

 >> As of ad37c460d20, Emacs fails early in startup should ~/.emacs set
 >> force-load-messages to t.

[…]

 > Please provide the full information about your system and build that
 > is normally reported by "M-x report-emacs-bug RET".

	ACK, MIMEd.

 > FWIW, I checked this on 2 different systems, and I see at least 350
 > free slots in the staticvec[] array, before the current value of
 > NSTATICS will be reached.  So I wonder how come on your system you
 > are so close to the limit that a single extra symbol overflows it.

	What bothers me the most here is how force-load-messages
	interferes with an otherwise working build?

-- 
FSF associate member #7257
In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-04-02 on violet.siamics.net
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/private/users/ivan --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-dependency-tracking --enable-gcc-warnings --without-pop
 --without-sound --without-x-toolkit --without-gpm --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --without-makeinfo --without-x
 --with-wide-int --with-gnutls --with-zlib'

Configured features:
NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading term/xterm...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/private/users/ivan/devel/emacs-2014/lisp/emacs-lisp/gulp hides /home/private/users/ivan/devel/emacs-2014/lisp/obsolete/gulp

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils xterm
time-date cyril-util tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process gfilenotify multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 73891 5754)
 (symbols 48 16971 0)
 (miscs 40 72 91)
 (strings 32 10266 6226)
 (string-bytes 1 284946)
 (vectors 16 7420)
 (vector-slots 8 328750 26229)
 (floats 8 51 298)
 (intervals 56 181 0)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 6815 1238))