Subject: bug#17168: 24.3.50; Segfault at mark_object

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 12:56:52 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

    > It might be faster just to traverse a list of these symbols, since
    > there are not very many uninterned symbols with names that are pure.

    That will fail (i.e. core-dump) if someone later uninterns one of those
    symbols pointed to from pure space.

We're talking about a list of the uninterned symbols.  Do you mean, if
someone uninterns an interned symbol with a pure name?  The other part
of the change is to stop that from happening.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.