Subject: bug#17168: 24.3.50; Segfault at mark_object

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 14:01:11 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

    If we can reduce Vpure_reachable to only contain symbols, then we can
    replace it with a `pinned' bit in the Lisp_Symbol struct and then walk
    the list of symbols during mark, marking all those symbols with the
    `pinned' bit.

It might be faster just to traverse a list of these symbols, since
there are not very many uninterned symbols with names that are pure.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.