Subject: Re: bug#17162: 24.3; GDB interface stops working in some circumstances

From: Zach Kost-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 08:18:19 -0500

Hey Lars, thanks for reaching out. I barely remember writing this report,
so please understand if I'm a bit hazy.

I'm not saying that I don't have daily issues working with gdb in emacs,
but I think it is safe to say that whatever my particular pain was back
then isn't current reproducible. Please close this report.

Thanks for your work on the Emacs.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 10:27 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Zach Kost-Smith <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > In the *gud-test* buffer, issue the "run" command.  Wait for a while and
> > then use C-c C-c to interrupt the execution.  Use "next" a few times to
> > get to line 7 of the source (the "i++;" line).
> >
> > At this point you can continue to issue commands from the *gud-test*
> > buffer and they work fine, but if you use commands like M-x gud-print,
> > M-x gud-break, etc. from the source buffers fail to do anything.
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got no response at
> the time.)
>
> I tried reproducing this in Emacs 28, but M-x gud-break worked fine for
> me after this.  So are you still seeing this issue in more recent Emacs
> versions?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no
>