Subject: bug#17157: [PATCH 1/5] Partially revert "dfa: improve port to freestanding DJGPP"

From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 11:47:55 +0200

Il 01/04/2014 11:33, [email-masked] ha scritto:
> Please don't revert this change. dfa.c is *shared* code, and there's no
> reason for gawk to put stuff needed ONLY by dfa.c into its config.h
> file. (Gawk doesn't have a system.h - most of that stuff is in awk.h
> at the momment. The rest is in custom.h which is used to override defaults
> from configure, and not for portability.)
>
> I understand that grep doesn't need it, but dfa serves more than
> one master. I appreciate the grep team's accommodating gawk's needs.

Then we should add a separate header for this purpose.

One thing is serving more than one master and having the occasional 
#ifndef GREP, another thing is doing things twice in grep (via gnulib 
and explicitly in dfa.c).

setlocale, static_assert etc. should be in a dfacompat.h file that is 
not shared between grep and gawk and could also include the #define for 
GREP and GAWK symbols.

Paolo