Subject: Bug report

From: lev abalkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 00:05:12 +0200

Hello there!

After creating a rather small partition on a pendrive (1000KB) I used
partprobe and got the following:

Backtrace has 12 calls on stack:
  12: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(ped_assert+0x2e) [0x7fc80e84e2ee]
  11: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(+0x3e04d) [0x7fc80e87804d]
  10: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(+0x3e43e) [0x7fc80e87843e]
  9: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(+0x40c73) [0x7fc80e87ac73]
  8: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(ped_disk_add_partition+0x163)
[0x7fc80e854053]
  7: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(+0x3f72b) [0x7fc80e87972b]
  6: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(+0x407c3) [0x7fc80e87a7c3]
  5: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.0(ped_disk_new+0x58)
[0x7fc80e8544f8]
  4: partprobe() [0x4013a0]
  3: partprobe(main+0x20e) [0x4011fe]
  2: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xfd)
[0x7fc80d7f4ead]
  1: partprobe() [0x401249]
A bug has been detected in GNU Parted.  Refer to the web site of parted
http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html for more information of
what could be useful for bug submitting!  Please email a bug report to
[email-masked] containing at least the version (2.3) and the
following message:  Assertion (head_size > 0) at
../../../libparted/labels/dos.c:661 in function
probe_partition_for_geom() failed.
Abgebrochen

I hope this is helpful in some way. Do you need any more information?

Thanks for all your awsome work so far and all the best for the future!
A loyal fan and user of GNU software