Subject: Re: bug#17126: error of relative symbolic link with directory

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:20:57 -0600

On 03/27/2014 05:49 PM, Er-Min Wang wrote:

We prefer plain text.  Spending 105 kb on a png when a transcript of
your console session would occupy less than 1 kb is a waste of bandwidth.

At any rate, I tried and failed to reproduce your setup:

$ cd /tmp/
$ mkdir -p aaa/aaa1 bbb
$ cd aaa
$ ln -fnrsv aaa1 ../bbb/
‘../bbb/aaa1’ -> ‘../aaa/aaa1’
$ ln -fnrsv aaa1 ../bbb/
‘../bbb/aaa1’ -> ‘../aaa/aaa1’

Using 'tree(1)' to display your directory does not necessarily provide
enough information (although it did mention that it listed 3
directories, so I'm assuming aaa1 is an empty directory - but that's
what I used above in my reproduction attempt).  Could you instead please
show 'ls -lR aaa bbb' before your 'cd aaa' step, so we have a more
complete picture of your starting setup?

Also, it would help if you explained what you thought was odd - your
graphic kind of hints at that, by how it shows the same command executed
twice with different outputs, but you could have provided more details.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org