Subject: bug#17124: 24.3.50; Occasional Extremely Slow Redraws in OSX Emacs

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:54:37 +0000

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 09:21:17AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Isn't it true that Aquamacs is sufficiently different from Emacs to
> consider it a separate project?  If so, I don't think we can solve
> such problems in Aquamacs if they cannot be reproduced in upstream
> Emacs builds.

Well, I just downloaded Aquamacs to see if I could replicate it there
and I can't, so that doesn't help much.

BTW, in case it matters, I'm trying to get the slow refresh by
following these instructions from Eric Froemling:

> (basically open a large buffer, subdivide a frame into quite a few
> windows, and then vigorously shake a horizontal divider for a bit.
> In my case I usually get a slow refresh after 5-15 seconds).

As well as by scrolling up and down in a large buffer.

Looking through the complete bug thread it seems there was a good deal
of discussion of this issue a couple of years ago, but it's unclear if
there was any resolution.
-- 
Alan Third