Subject: bug#17122: More problems with --no-substitutes

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 11:51:19 +0200

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> What disturbs me the most is that 'substitute-binary' is being called at
>>> all.  I'm 100% certain that I passed '--no-substitutes' to guix-daemon.
>>> I use a script to start guix-daemon with the options I prefer, to avoid
>>> mistakes.  I also just checked with 'ps', and indeed '--no-substitutes'
>>> is there on the command line.
>>
>> Can you check with current master?  (See in particular commits 968e84a
>> and c9e2b0b.)  Does tests/guix-daemon.sh pass?
>
> Yes, it does.
>
> I also hacked 'guix-substitute-binary' to unconditionally raise an error
> as soon as it is called (a local patch I intend to keep indefinitely).

Hopefully we’ll catch any regression in the future before it bites.

Ludo’.