Subject: Re: bug#17120: Fwd: Error displaying a frame modified with (tool-bar-lines . 0)

From: Robert Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 13:25:52 +0000

Jan Djärv writes:
 > Hello.
 > 
 > Is this still an issue?  I can't reproduce it on Mint 16, Gtk+ 3.8.7.
 > It could be window manager related.  Are you running Unity?
 > I'll see if I have some Ubuntu lying around.
 >
 
Yes it's still replicable - I'm running kde/plasma

I've just tried running the test in an Xnest session with
fluxbox/windowMaker/sawfish and in all cases the session crashes with

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  30246
  Current serial number in output stream:  30246

at the point where the second emacs frame appears. Maybe they (or Xnest)
can't cope with the weird window.

With unity there doesn't seem to be a --display option and running it
from a normal session the bug doesn't appear - the 2nd frame is drawn
normally so the bug looks very window manager related.

Robert