Subject: bug#17108: [PATCH 1/4] libparted: Check AlternateLBA against LBA-1

From: "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:48:36 -0700

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:23:48PM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
> On 3/27/2014 11:00 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> > I haven't seen any evidence of that, and that isn't what's
> > happening here.
> 
> Try running the test steps manually so you can see what is going on in
> the middle before the test suite cleans it up.  Last time I did that,
> the loop-file size went from 20m to 2g after running gpt-header-munge.
>  That makes parted complain that the backup is in the wrong place.

Tried that (with my modified code) and it works fine. The header munge
is changing the PE count to 9 from 128 and re-calculating the checksums.

> 
> > Ok, I'll check to make sure that isn't the case -- I thought the 
> > location was updated when it was rewritten, but I'll double check.

I went through the code -- when we rewrite the headers all the sizes and
references are updated, in the pmbr and in both headers.

-- 
Brian C. Lane | Anaconda Team | IRC: bcl #anaconda | Port Orchard, WA (PST8PDT)