Subject: Re: bug#16737: Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:45:25 +0100

Hallöchen!

FWIW, I've experienced this hanging/timeout for many months when
using Emacs with "ssh -X".  A fresh Emacs works for a couple of
minutes or hours, and then this problem occurs and wouldn't go away
until I restart Emacs.  I've thought it was due to a connection
quality problem (broken pipe or whatever) because I had "good"
months and "bad" months.

It has never occured right from the start.  The first pastes always
work.

By the way, a "currupted" Emacs also takes longer to shutdown.  It
says "Saving clipboard to X clipboard manager..." for a couple of
seconds instead of for a fraction of a second.

Tschö,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com