Subject: Re: bug#1708: 23.0.60; g_main_context_prepare() called recursively

From: Markus Triska <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:26:26 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Can you reproduce this when configuring without GTK+?

With --with-x-toolkit=lucid, the second "emacsclient -c" shows:

   Waiting for Emacs...
   *ERROR*: X protocol error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal
   Xlib length error) on protocol request 19

After a few further $ emacsclient -c, the server always crashes with:

#0 0x0003392d in redisplay_internal (preserve_echo_area=0) at
 xdisp.c:11800#1 0x000342f6 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area
 (from_where=12) at xdisp.c:12040#2 0x001920a7 in
 wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=30, microsecs=0, read_kbd=-1,
 do_display=1, wait_for_cell=50332681, wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0)
 at process.c:4997#3 0x0000c01e in sit_for (timeout=240, reading=1,
 do_display=1) at dispnew.c:6637#4 0x000e8c9a in read_char
 (commandflag=1, nmaps=2, maps=0xbffff3d0, prev_event=50332681,
 used_mouse_menu=0xbffff4c8, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:2903#5
 0x000eaa0a in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0xbffff588, bufsize=30,
 prompt=50332681, dont_downcase_last=0, can_return_switch_frame=1,
 fix_current_buffer=1) at keyboard.c:9354#6 0x000ece2b in command_loop_1
 () at keyboard.c:1632#7 0x0014c94c in internal_condition_case
 (bfun=0xecc0d <command_loop_1>, handlers=50372345, hfun=0xe59a8
 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1511#8 0x000ded84 in command_loop_2 () at
 keyboard.c:1349#9 0x0014c59e in internal_catch (tag=50368417,
 func=0xded40 <command_loop_2>, arg=50332681) at eval.c:1247#10
 0x000deb26 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1328#11 0x000debdf in
 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:942#12 0x000ded27 in Frecursive_edit
 () at keyboard.c:1004#13 0x000ddb3c in main (argc=5, argv=0xbffff9c0)
 at emacs.c:1786