Subject: bug#17077: 24.4.50; regression: `set-frame-size' results in wrong frame size

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 07:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

> Should be fixed with revision 116849 on the emacs-24 release branch.

I have downloaded this build (thanks to Juanma) and tried it:

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-03-27 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 116884 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''

(Dunno how to tell which revisions are in such a build.)

The recipe I used to find and repro the bug does not show the bug
anymore.  The frame width seems no longer to be shortened (sometimes)
by one.  So this bug is apparently fixed.  Thx.

> Please also check whether bug#16923 is affected.  The "fix" that caused
> the present bug was a stab in direction of fixing 16923.

Bug #16923 is still there, unfortunately (but it is a bug I do not care
too much about, personally).

I will need more time to follow your last instructions to get more
information about #16923 for you.