Subject: Re: bug#17048: minibuffer history should filter out impossible entries

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:45:50 +0200

Jakub Jankiewicz <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes it's history, I think this fix the bug (but only for buffer names)
>
> (add-hook 'kill-buffer-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (setq buffer-name-history (delete (buffer-name)
>                                               buffer-name-history))))

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I think this is the correct solution here -- adding a user option for
this could make sense (if many wanted this functionality), but I haven't
really seem much demand for that, so I think doing it via this hook is
the right way to go.

So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no