Subject: bug#17048: switch-to-buffer function show killed buffers names

From: Jakub Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:13:46 +0100

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:16:43 -0400
Stefan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> retitle 17048 minibuffer history should filter out impossible entries
> thanks
> 
> > When I call switch-to-buffer function <C-x b> and then when I ress up/down
> > arrows the list show buffers that I've kill, even that when I press Tab
> > that buffers don't show on the list.
> 
> Yes, that's because up/down make you go through the history of what
> you've entered.
> 
> I actually agree that when the completion is "must-match", it would make
> sense of the history commands to skip entries that don't match one of
> the current possible answers.  Tho it can be convenient to do <up> to
> get the previous killed buffer name, and then tweak it a little, when
> killing many buffers with similar names (typically hidden buffers used
> for things like Tramp connections ;-).

Yes it's history, I think this fix the bug (but only for buffer names)

(add-hook 'kill-buffer-hook
          (lambda ()
            (setq buffer-name-history (delete (buffer-name)
                                              buffer-name-history))))

--
Jakub Jankiewicz, Web Developer
http://jcubic.pl