Subject: bug#17047: 24.3.50; visual-line-mode + org-mode + C-f makes cursor jumps to unexpected position

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:41:07 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> Fixed in revision 116843 on the emacs-24 branch.

Thanks !

> Note that moving cursor to the "f" of "file" from the left will get
> you to position 8, while moving there from the right will get you to
> position 10.  But this is a separate "feature".

This is not unexpected I think. It would be nice to have a visual clue
about which side of the invisible text we stand, but I have no idea what
kind of clue it should be. Is that worth a wishlist bug anyway ?

> Also note that this situation is one of the small number where
> visual-order-cursor-movement works differently from the default
> logical-order one, even though there's no bidirectional context
> anywhere in sight.  And that is also a feature.

Just for the record, the difference is that no matter if we come from
left or right, we get to position 10.

-- 
Nico.