Subject: Re: bug#17046: 24.3.50; On startup emacs frame has no minibuffer or windows decorations

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 22:52:32 +0100

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Robert Marshall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So there were, that's one error each ;-)

Yep ;-)

> I've done all 4 runs and none of them produced the bug! I assume this
> isn't what you expected

I half-expected it.

> I see some of the parameters to
> frameset-restore are different.

Not just that, I've radically simplified `frameset--restore-frame'.

So if you do not see now the bug even with (display . ":0"), that
means that we can forget for now the other parameters and concentrate
on testing only display yes/no again.

Before I change anything more, if you happen to still have a bug*.el
file from previous tests where you were able to reproduce the bug, try
it using

(frameset-restore desktop-saved-frameset
                  :reuse-frames t
                  :force-display nil
                  :force-onscreen nil
                  :cleanup-frames t)

to call frameset-restore. I expect that you will still see the bug,
but if you don't, that will be interesting by itself.

   J