Subject: bug#17046: 24.3.50; On startup emacs frame has no minibuffer or windows decorations

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:35:54 +0100

>> I wondered about the
 >>
 >>          (visibility . icon)
 >>
 >> line (I don't think I ever started it up iconized) and tried the tests
 >> both with and without it with the same result.
 >
 > I wonder, too. A frame with visibility . icon *should* be restored
 > iconified (which will affect size, as the original height and width
 > are not restored in that case).
 >
 > In fact, an iconified frame is restored as invisible, with default
 > size, and then modified to iconify it.

Easy to check.  Robert, in the original .emacs.dektop file change
(visibility . icon) to (visibility . t) and try whether you can
reproduce the problem by just starting emacs the usual way.

martin