Subject: Re: bug#17046: 24.3.50; On startup emacs frame has no minibuffer or windows decorations

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 17:38:34 +0100

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Robert Marshall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm rather confused as to what I'm being asked to do!

FWIW, I'm rather confused too... ;-)

> I think before I
> start doing to sequence of tests you've requested I need to get an
> emacs which is showing a bad frame? At the moment I'm unable to
> replicate this - if this isn't so let me know!

Yes. If you restart your Emacs and get a bad frame, do not exit Emacs!
Immediately open the desktop file and get hold of the (setq
desktop-saved-frameset ...) line and save it in a safe place :-)

Then you can replace the equivalent line in my bug17046.el file with
yours, exit Emacs, and do the tests requested at your leisure.

The tests would be:

1) emacs -Q -l bug17046.el
2) Same, but replacing the ":force-onscreen t" by ":force-onscreen nil"
3) As 1), but insert  (sit-for 0) at the top of bug17046.el before the test
4) As 2), but with (sit-for 0) also, as in 3)

     J