Subject: Re: bug#17046: 24.3.50; On startup emacs frame has no minibuffer or windows decorations

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:20:39 +0100

> Please clarify. Do you mean:
 >
 > - Not to restore upon a non-strictly visible frame (and so choose
 > another or create a new one)?
 > - To wait until the frame is visible?

The latter, I'd say.

 > (I'm not sure what do you mean with "strictly visible", BTW).

"Strictly visible" should stand for "always visible while desktop
restoration is done".

 > The :reuse-frames arg of `frameset-restore' accepts a predicate, so if
 > you have a way to decide from Elisp that a frame is "strictly
 > visible", you can allow or disallow its reusing.

I meant to find some way where we, before restoring a desktop, make the
involved frame visible and then do the restoring, so the user "sees"
what happens.  This obviously works only when a frame exists already
before restoration kicks in, but IIUC this is what happens in Robert's
case.

martin