Subject: bug#17031: 24.3.50; newline-and-indent doesn't fill a line

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:52:44 +0900

Hi,

Say the RET key is bound to newline-and-indent.  When I hit RET
at the end of a long line, it is not filled even if the line is
longer than fill-column (and of course auto-fill-mode is ON).
It isn't a new feature, is it?  If not, it seems to be due to
this change:

2013-12-26  João Távora  <[email-masked]>

	* simple.el (newline-and-indent): Call newline with interactive
	set to t.

Reverting this change restores the right behavior.
Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.8.8)
 of 2014-03-18 on localhost
Repository revision: 116783 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11500000
Configured using:
 `configure --verbose --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'