Subject: bug#17030: CEDET EDE documentation mentions android project, but not in tree

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:16:17 +0200

On 20.03.2014 18:45, David Engster wrote:
> Do you use it? Last time I tried it (2012 or so), Java support had lots
> of problems.

I at least would have properly tried it if it were in the core 
distribution (or if it were distributed separately all the time; the 
pre-loading approach is too ugly for my taste to keep in the init file).

I haven't been using Java for quite a while, but it's a language I can 
see myself returning to in the future more likely than C/C++.

So it could be a likely entry point to the CEDET codebase, for me or 
someone else.

>> Do you think Alex isn't going to support it?
>
> I don't know. From what I can see in the logs, work on it has stalled.

That's too bad. On the other hand, the only related issue I could find 
(https://github.com/alexott/cedet/issues/1) is fixed and closed.

>> I think CEDET really needs to move to ELPA.
>
> Maybe. That'd be worth discussing as soon as someone volunteers to do
> the work.

Ok.