Subject: Re: feature request: correctly display single file zip archive

From: xah lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:09:30 -0800

On Dec 27, 2008, at 6:47 PM, Chong Yidong wrote:

> When opening a zip archive that is just a single file, emacs displays
> gibberish, as opposed to decompressed file content.

I can't reproduce this.  Do you have an example of a zip file that shows
this problem?

---------------------

Sorry, i can't reproduced what i wrote. I think rather that i wrote  
wrong. Here's a correct report:

When opening a zip archive of a single file, emacs displays the zip  
archive's index (which is just a single file), as opposed to the  
decompressed file content.

I think when the zip file is a single file, it is more useful to  
display file content and allow transparent editing.

For what's worth,

Thanks.

   Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄