Subject: bug#17018: 24.3; log4slime log4slime-mode crash on click of menu

From: Colin Carr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:08:23 -0400

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--
after I (ql:quickload :log4cl)
(ql:quickload :log4slime)
(log4slime:install)
THEN
I added the following two statements to my ~/.emacs file
------------------------------------------------------
(load "~/quicklisp/log4slime-setup.el")
(global-log4slime-mode 1)
------------------------------------------------------

log4cl/log4clslime WORKS
BUT
if you click the menu (any menu item) then Emacs.app crashes.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39)
of 2013-07-12 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  global-eclim-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-log4slime-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  global-rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x <return> f i l e - b u g <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> b u g <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Loading vc-git...done
Setting up indent for shell type bash
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
File local-variables error: (end-of-file "/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop")
Loading semantic/db-file...done
Wrote /Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 24 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/restclient.el/restclient hides ~/.emacs.d/restclient
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/popup-0.5/popup hides ~/.emacs.d/popup
~/.emacs.d/restclient.el/json-reformat hides ~/.emacs.d/json-reformat
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-1.4/auto-complete hides ~/.emacs.d/auto-complete
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-1.4/auto-complete-config hides ~/.emacs.d/auto-complete-config
~/.emacs.d/cfengine hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/cfengine
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-version hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-protocol hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-pcomplete hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-footnote hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-eshell hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-entities hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-element hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-docview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-datetree hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-ctags hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-capture hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-tangle hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-sqlite hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-sql hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-shen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-sh hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sh
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-screen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-scheme hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-scala hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scala
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-sass hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-ruby hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-ref hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-R hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-python hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-plantuml hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-picolisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-perl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-octave hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-ocaml hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-mscgen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-maxima hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-matlab hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-lob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-lilypond hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-ledger hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-keys hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-js hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-java hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-io hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-haskell hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-gnuplot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-fortran hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-exp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-eval hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-emacs-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-dot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-ditaa hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-css hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-comint hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-clojure hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-calc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-C hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-awk hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130826/ob-asymptote hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/Users/cpc26/.emacs.d/elpa/js2-mode-20131106/.dir-locals hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail semantic/bovine/make
semantic/bovine/make-by semantic/bovine make-mode semantic/tag-file
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/wisent/python
semantic/decorate/include semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/dep semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent python cfengine cfengine3 sh-script smie
executable ruby-mode org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m vc-git flyspell ispell
server paren time battery cus-start cus-load ac-emacs-eclim-source
eclim-completion help-at-pt eclim eclim-problems eclim-maven eclim-ant
eclim-java eclim-project jedi skeleton virtualenv web-mode disp-table
js-comint flymake-jslint flymake restclient json-reformat json url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap cider cider-mode
cider-repl cider-eldoc eldoc cider-interaction arc-mode archive-mode
cider-version pkg-info epl cider-client nrepl-client cider-util ewoc
etags dash clojure-mode rx inf-lisp log4slime slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector
slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl
slime pp hyperspec go-mode-load edbi sql epc ctable concurrent deferred
codesearch auto-complete-config auto-complete popup ecb ecb-symboldef
ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload
ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser
hideshow ecb-semantic-wrapper ecb-semantic ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar
ecb-layout ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation ecb-common-browser speedbar
sb-image dframe ecb-navigate ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer
ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
ecb-util thingatpt silentcomp semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet rainbow-delimiters
re-builder-x re-builder o-blog o-blog-bootstrap o-blog-i18n o-blog-grid
o-blog-source o-blog-alert org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp org-loaddefs gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils find-func time-stamp html2text sgml-mode htmlize
ob-ditaa ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core org-compat org-macs ob-eval adoc-mode tempo
markup-faces diction compile w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mule-util buffer-move winner
warnings tabbar linum recentf tree-widget wid-edit smex ido e2wm derived
easy-mmode window-layout windmove imenu solarized-light-theme
solarized-definitions theme-changer solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec
savehist ac-geiser-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
buffer-move-autoloads color-theme-solarized-autoloads
dash-functional-autoloads edbi-autoloads geiser-autoloads
htmlize-autoloads jedi-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads epc-autoloads
ctable-autoloads concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads
js2-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads markup-faces-autoloads org-autoloads
info pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads finder-inf dash-autoloads
popup-autoloads smex-autoloads w3-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads yasnippet-bundle-autoloads yasnippet-bundle
dropdown-list advice help-fns advice-preload yasnippet edmacro kmacro
easymenu assoc package cl-macs gv cl cl-lib xt-mouse desktop time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind ns
multi-tty emacs)