Subject: bug#17008: 24.3.50; If `blink-matching-paren' is on, matching paren is only highlighted, no point jumping anymore?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:32:23 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On 14.03.2014 20:36, Glenn Morris wrote:
> > And what I meant was that I would very much appreciate it if you would
> > actually update the documentation.
> 
> Okay, since you insist. Please see if the new text looks right to you.

I think you did very well, thanks.  Allow me one comment:

  --- doc/emacs/programs.texi     2014-02-28 03:02:50 +0000
  +++ doc/emacs/programs.texi     2014-03-15 03:07:06 +0000
  @@ -813,13 +813,13 @@ as in @samp{[x)}---a warning message is
   @itemize @bullet
   @item
   @code{blink-matching-paren} turns the feature on or off: @code{nil}
  -disables it, but the default is @code{t} to enable it.
  +disables it, but the default is @code{t} to enable it.  Set it to
  +@code{jump} to make indication work through cursor movement.

"Work through cursor movement" is not detailed enough, it will leave
the reader puzzled.  I would suggest a slightly more detailed
description, something like

  Set it to @code{jump} to make the indication work by momentarily
  moving the cursor to the matching opening delimiter.