Subject: bug#17004: closed (Re: bug#17004: 24.3.50; [ruby-mode] Incorrect font-locking of !!)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:40:07 +0000

Your bug report

#17004: 24.3.50; [ruby-mode] Incorrect font-locking of !!

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17004: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17004
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17004: 24.3.50; [ruby-mode] Incorrect font-locking of !!
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:38:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]> writes:

> In code like this:
>
> !!something
>
> only the first ! is font-locked as a negation char.

Thanks, fixed in 116753.

Subject: 24.3.50; [ruby-mode] Incorrect font-locking of !!
From: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:55:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In code like this:

!!something

only the first ! is font-locked as a negation char. 

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
 of 2014-03-04 on bozhidar-home.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD --without-dbus
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs
 --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  subword-mode: t
  ruby-tools-mode: t
  inf-ruby-minor-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  guru-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-k S t r i n g s-/ s-/
s-/ <backspace> C s-/ <return> <return> t o s <backspace>
_ s SPC w i t h SPC a r g u m e n t s SPC s h o u l
d SPC n o t SPC t r i g g e r SPC a n SPC o f e n <backspace>
<backspace> f e n s e . SPC <backspace> C-a C-f C-f
C-f C-f C-f C-e C-c C-c P P l l q <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h
C-a q s-r t e s t <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-a C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k <return> <return> t o p ( ,
<backspace> 1 , SPC 2 , SPC 3 , SPC : <backspace> :
a <backspace> <backspace> b <backspace> : <backspace>
a : SPC 1 , C-j <tab> : <backspace> b : SPC 2 <tab>
C-e C-p C-p C-n C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-d SPC = > C-n
C-b C-b C-b <backspace> SPC = > C-a <tab> C-p C-p C-n
C-n <tab> C-p C-p C-n C-e C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b
C-b C-f { C-d C-SPC SPC SPC C-n <tab> C-b SPC } <tab>
C-p C-p C-n C-a C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-d C-d
C-d C-d C-d C-d C-n <tab> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return>
C-y C-a C-SPC C-e M-w C-p C-p C-p C-b C-b C-b <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> a <backspace> a
: N <backspace> C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
b : SPC 2 <tab> C-e C-e <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x r e p o
r t e m a c s <return>

Recent messages:
Reverting buffer `cider/README.md'. [3 times]
Saving file /Users/bozhidar/projects/test.rb...
Wrote /Users/bozhidar/projects/test.rb
Mark set
Indenting region...done
Mark activated
Source files should end with a newline (\n).
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /Users/bozhidar/projects/test.rb...
Wrote /Users/bozhidar/projects/test.rb

Load-path shadows:
/Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/elpa/flycheck-20140107.305/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
/Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/elpa/tabulated-list-20120406.2251/tabulated-list hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail hippie-exp superword subword
ruby-tools inf-ruby ruby-mode-expansions smartparens-ruby ruby-mode smie
jka-compr rst eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe yaml-mode ffap
url-parse url-vars executable misearch multi-isearch mule-util
magit-key-mode magit view epa derived epg epg-config diff-mode
git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode server log-edit message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
vc-git markdown-mode noutline outline rainbow-mode color
rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav guru-mode prelude-key-chord key-chord
prelude-xml nxml-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions smartparens-html
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-scheme prelude-ruby prelude-perl
prelude-org prelude-js prelude-erc erc-truncate erc-autoaway
erc-spelling erc-notify erc-log erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-css prelude-common-lisp slime-autoloads
prelude-clojure prelude-lisp prelude-c prelude-programming flycheck
help-mode rx f which-func imenu prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx
ido-ubiquitous warnings ido prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell
prelude-global-keybindings prelude-editor winner undo-tree diff esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util re-builder whitespace browse-kill-ring
midnight ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired-x dired anzu projectile pkg-info
find-func grep compile s bookmark pp expand-region text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-custom expand-region-core flyspell
ispell tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
format-spec etags ring volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish smartparens-config
smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode easy-mmode edmacro
kmacro prelude-core epl advice help-fns dash thingatpt prelude-ui
zenburn-theme prelude-packages finder-inf ace-jump-mode-autoloads
ack-and-a-half-autoloads diminish-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads
flx-autoloads eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
grizzl-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads key-chord-autoloads
logito-autoloads info easymenu move-text-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads request-autoloads
cl-macs gv caml-autoloads volatile-highlights-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Cheers,
Bozhidar