Subject: calc crashes when computation limit is increased

From: Florian Beck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:30:49 +0100

M-x calc
2n
0
kc

I.e. try to calculate the binomial coefficient of (-2 0). This doesn't
work and calc suggests you give it more time:

Computation got stuck or ran too long.  Type `M' to increase the limit

So do

M
kc

and repeat a couple of times.

Once `max-lisp-eval-depth' hits 64000 emacs crashes.

I can send a backtrace if necessary.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.46 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
  of 2014-03-12 on sophokles
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11405000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.10

Configured using:
  `configure CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -msse -msse2
  -msse3 -mmmx -O2 -pipe -g3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-crossjumping'
  LDFLAGS=-O2'

-- 
Florian Beck