Subject: Re: bug#16995: 24.3; CPU usage spikes to 100% for minutes at a time

From: Andrew Beekhof <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 07:44:10 +1100

On 18 Mar 2014, at 2:04 am, Stefan <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> + timer-event-handler                                     278,246,734  42%
>> + which-func-update                                       163,238,117  24%
>> + redisplay_internal (C function)                          87,767,721  13%
> 
> Could you hit C-u RET on those to see the inside?

- timer-event-handler                                     278,246,734  42%
  - byte-code                                             232,219,728  35%
    - apply                                               232,219,728  35%
      - which-func-update                                 232,156,176  35%
        - which-func-update-1                             232,156,176  35%
          - byte-code                                     232,152,016  35%
            - which-function                              232,152,016  35%
              - run-hook-with-args-until-success          232,137,652  35%
                - python-info-current-defun               232,137,652  35%
                  - byte-code                             232,076,332  35%
                    - python-nav-beginning-of-statement   223,523,054  34%
                      - python-info-line-ends-backslash   222,980,681  34%
                        - python-syntax-context           222,963,339  34%
                          - syntax-ppss                   190,698,616  29%
                            + vconcat                      87,050,385  13%
                            + make-byte-code               39,649,234   6%
                            + vector                       35,847,977   5%
                              Automatic GC                 10,494,908   1%
                            + funcall                           4,192   0%
                          + eql                            32,264,723   4%
                          Automatic GC                          3,774   0%
                      + python-syntax-context                 520,437   0%
                    + python-nav-end-of-defun               5,995,614   0%
                    + python-nav-beginning-of-defun         2,037,676   0%
                      current-indentation                     437,600   0%
                      match-data                               43,152   0%
                    + match-string-no-properties               24,564   0%
                    current-indentation                        38,640   0%
                    mapconcat                                  16,376   0%
              + add-log-current-defun                          12,284   0%
                reverse                                         2,080   0%
            internal--before-with-selected-window               4,160   0%
      + jit-lock-context-fontify                               36,400   0%
      + blink-cursor-start                                     27,152   0%
  + timer-inc-time                                         31,783,254   4%
  + timer-until                                             9,210,331   1%
    current-time                                            4,922,320   0%
    Automatic GC                                               98,621   0%
  + timer-activate-when-idle                                   12,480   0%
- which-func-update                                       163,238,117  24%
  - which-func-update-1                                   163,238,117  24%
    - byte-code                                           163,238,117  24%
      - which-function                                    163,238,117  24%
        + run-hook-with-args-until-success                163,238,117  24%
- redisplay_internal (C function)                          87,767,721  13%
  + jit-lock-function                                      17,436,266   2%
  + file-remote-p                                           1,437,050   0%
  + eval                                                      958,755   0%
  + menu-bar-update-buffers                                    48,468   0%
  + keymap-canonicalize                                        17,680   0%