Subject: bug#16995: 24.3; CPU usage spikes to 100% for minutes at a time

From: Andrew Beekhof <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:08:27 +1100

# Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
# the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
# starting from `emacs -Q':

I've been editing lots of python files in the last few days and noticed
that Emacs has begun locking up for minutes at a time, for no apparent
reason.

Example actions that can trigger the problem C-s (isearch-forward),
pressing 'y' in response to query-replace prompts, typing, etc.
Whether the buffer is saved or not makes no difference.

The only thing that really seems to help is switching back to a .c file.

Is this a known problem?
 
Example top output:

top - 17:44:11 up 29 days, 22:26,  3 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.50, 0.42
Tasks: 236 total,   2 running, 233 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie
%Cpu(s): 12.6 us,  0.1 sy,  0.0 ni, 87.3 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st
KiB Mem:   7871472 total,  7538448 used,   333024 free,   305676 buffers
KiB Swap:  6029308 total,   731032 used,  5298276 free,  2390156 cached

  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
22971 beekhof   20   0  644976  49236  16308 R 100.1  0.6  19:33.79 emacs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
26689 root      20   0   53020    272    176 S   0.7  0.0 308:17.91 plymouthd                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

A random blog suggested the following command might show something of
interest. All I can tell is that thread 1 is quite deep.

# echo 't a a where' > gdb.cmd; gdb /usr/bin/emacs -p 22971 -x gdb.cmd 2>&1 </dev/null | tee /tmp/emacs.crash.backtrace
GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora 7.6.50.20130731-19.fc20

[snip]

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib64/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so
mark_object (arg=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/alloc.c:5801
5801		register struct Lisp_Symbol *ptr = XSYMBOL (obj);
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib64/libgobject-2.0.so.0.3800.2-gdb.py", line 9, in <module>
    from gobject import register
  File "/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py", line 3, in <module>
    import gdb.backtrace
ImportError: No module named backtrace

Thread 3 (Thread 0x7f9469b4e700 (LWP 22983)):
#0  0x0000003cbb4ea9dd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x0000003cbe0495b4 in g_main_context_poll (priority=2147483647, n_fds=1, 
    fds=0x7f94640010e0, timeout=-1, context=0xca2e00) at gmain.c:4007
#2  g_main_context_iterate (context=context@entry=0xca2e00, 
    block=block@entry=1, dispatch=dispatch@entry=1, self=<optimized out>)
    at gmain.c:3708
#3  0x0000003cbe0496dc in g_main_context_iteration (context=0xca2e00, 
    may_block=1) at gmain.c:3774
#4  0x00007f9469b55b7d in dconf_gdbus_worker_thread ()
   from /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so
#5  0x0000003cbe06ea45 in g_thread_proxy (data=0xc8ee30) at gthread.c:798
#6  0x0000003cbbc07f33 in start_thread (arg=0x7f9469b4e700)
    at pthread_create.c:309
#7  0x0000003cbb4f4ded in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 2 (Thread 0x7f946934d700 (LWP 22985)):
#0  0x0000003cbb4ea9dd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x0000003cbe0495b4 in g_main_context_poll (priority=2147483647, n_fds=3, 
    fds=0x7f945c0010c0, timeout=-1, context=0x7f946400dc90) at gmain.c:4007
#2  g_main_context_iterate (context=0x7f946400dc90, block=block@entry=1, 
    dispatch=dispatch@entry=1, self=<optimized out>) at gmain.c:3708
#3  0x0000003cbe049a3a in g_main_loop_run (loop=0x7f9464010fc0) at gmain.c:3907
#4  0x0000003cbf0d0376 in gdbus_shared_thread_func (user_data=0x7f94640107d0)
    at gdbusprivate.c:278
#5  0x0000003cbe06ea45 in g_thread_proxy (data=0xddc2d0) at gthread.c:798
#6  0x0000003cbbc07f33 in start_thread (arg=0x7f946934d700)
    at pthread_create.c:309
#7  0x0000003cbb4f4ded in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 1 (Thread 0x7f9470966ac0 (LWP 22971)):
#0  mark_object (arg=<optimized out>)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/alloc.c:5801
#1  0x000000000053ab54 in mark_object (arg=<optimized out>)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/alloc.c:5914
#2  0x000000000053ab54 in mark_object (arg=<optimized out>)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/alloc.c:5914
#3  0x000000000053b3c4 in Fgarbage_collect ()
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/alloc.c:5185
#4  0x0000000000552143 in maybe_gc ()
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/lisp.h:3716
#5  eval_sub (form=form@entry=75972854)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2039
#6  0x0000000000555828 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=<optimized out>, 
    bodyform=75972854, handlers=75972758)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:1243
#7  0x0000000000589018 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c2062c8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:1096
#8  0x000000000055296d in funcall_lambda (fun=9899117, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=0x970c49 <pure+1280329>, arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c206470)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2944
#9  0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c206468)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#10 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#11 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=56922965, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c206630)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#12 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3c206628)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#13 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c206620)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#14 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=66746821, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c2067f0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#15 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c2067e8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#16 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c2067e0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#17 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=71257589, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c2069b0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#18 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c2069a8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#19 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c2069a0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#20 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=66026605, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c206b80)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#21 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3c206b78)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#22 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c206b70)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#23 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=66026397, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c206d40)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#24 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c206d38)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#25 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c206d30)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#26 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=66378405, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c206f10)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#27 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3c206f08)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#28 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c206f00)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#29 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=66378573, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c2070d0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#30 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3c2070c8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#31 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#32 0x0000000000552545 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=67860310)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2149
#33 0x0000000000551341 in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>, 
    func=0x552080 <eval_sub>, arg=67860310)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:1060
#34 0x0000000000588bf9 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c2073d8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:1081
#35 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=66745701, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c2076a8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#36 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c2076a0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#37 0x00000000005519fd in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c2076a0, 
    funcall=0x552c70 <Ffuncall>) at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2509
#38 0x000000000055308f in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>, 
    args=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2759
#39 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#40 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=14442245, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c207890)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#41 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fff3c207888)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#42 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#43 0x0000000000552545 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=64459542)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2149
#44 0x0000000000555828 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=<optimized out>, 
    bodyform=64459542, handlers=64459686)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:1243
#45 0x0000000000589018 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c207bd8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:1096
#46 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=63149709, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c207da0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#47 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3c207d98)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#48 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#49 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=63176797, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c208068)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#50 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3c208060)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#51 0x000000000055424c in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fff3c208060)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2255
#52 0x000000000055308f in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>, 
    args=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2759
#53 0x000000000058846b in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c208068)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:900
#54 0x0000000000552545 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=9979182)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2149
#55 0x0000000000555828 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=<optimized out>, 
    bodyform=9979182, handlers=8751934)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:1243
#56 0x0000000000589018 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=8618752, vector=2833333, 
    maxdepth=137, args_template=4611686018430533632, 
    nargs=4611686018695757824, args=0x7fff3c2083a8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/bytecode.c:1096
#57 0x0000000000552b8f in funcall_lambda (fun=9978869, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff3c208578)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:3010
#58 0x0000000000552e9b in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff3c208570)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2839
#59 0x00000000005531ea in call1 (fn=<optimized out>, arg1=arg1@entry=72156685)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:2572
#60 0x00000000004e4c35 in timer_check_2 (idle_timers=<optimized out>, 
    timers=<optimized out>) at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:4387
#61 timer_check () at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:4454
#62 0x00000000004e4f31 in readable_events (flags=1)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:3351
#63 0x00000000004e6658 in get_input_pending (flags=1)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:6680
#64 0x00000000004e8e04 in detect_input_pending_run_timers (
    do_display=do_display@entry=true)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:10273
#65 0x0000000000592a19 in wait_reading_process_output (
    time_limit=time_limit@entry=525, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0, 
    read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true, 
    wait_for_cell=12140690, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, 
    just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/process.c:4743
#66 0x00000000004209c4 in sit_for (timeout=<optimized out>, 
    reading=<optimized out>, display_option=<optimized out>)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/dispnew.c:5978
#67 0x00000000004ea3a9 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=nmaps@entry=2, 
    maps=maps@entry=0x7fff3c208d30, prev_event=12140690, 
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fff3c208e47, 
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:2669
#68 0x00000000004ebba8 in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fff3c208f20, prompt=12140690, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, bufsize=30)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:9231
#69 0x00000000004edf6d in command_loop_1 ()
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:1459
#70 0x000000000055149a in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4edd70 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12192370, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4e4220 <cmd_error>)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:1289
#71 0x00000000004df55e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12140690)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:1168
#72 0x0000000000551341 in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>, 
    func=func@entry=0x4df540 <command_loop_2>, arg=12140690)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/eval.c:1060
#73 0x00000000004e3d47 in command_loop ()
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:1147
#74 recursive_edit_1 () at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:779
#75 0x00000000004e4044 in Frecursive_edit ()
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/keyboard.c:843
#76 0x0000000000417125 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=0x7fff3c2094f8)
    at /usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3/src/emacs.c:1528
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install adwaita-gtk3-theme-3.10.0-1.fc20.x86_64 at-spi2-atk-2.10.2-1.fc20.x86_64 at-spi2-core-2.10.2-1.fc20.x86_64 dconf-0.18.0-2.fc20.x86_64 fftw-libs-double-3.3.3-7.fc20.x86_64 harfbuzz-0.9.24-1.fc20.x86_64 jbigkit-libs-2.0-9.fc20.x86_64 keyutils-libs-1.5.9-1.fc20.x86_64 krb5-libs-1.11.5-4.fc20.x86_64 lcms2-2.5-2.fc20.x86_64 libXau-1.0.8-2.fc20.x86_64 libXcomposite-0.4.4-4.fc20.x86_64 libXcursor-1.1.14-2.fc20.x86_64 libXdamage-1.1.4-4.fc20.x86_64 libXext-1.3.2-2.fc20.x86_64 libXfixes-5.0.1-2.fc20.x86_64 libXi-1.7.2-2.fc20.x86_64 libXinerama-1.1.3-2.fc20.x86_64 libXrandr-1.4.1-2.fc20.x86_64 libXt-1.1.4-7.fc20.x86_64 libXxf86vm-1.1.3-2.fc20.x86_64 libcom_err-1.42.8-3.fc20.x86_64 libcroco-0.6.8-3.fc20.x86_64 libdrm-2.4.52-1.fc20.x86_64 libffi-3.0.13-5.fc20.x86_64 libtasn1-3.3-2.fc20.x86_64 libwayland-client-1.2.0-3.fc20.x86_64 libwayland-cursor-1.2.0-3.fc20.x86_64 libwayland-server-1.2.0-3.fc20.x86_64 libxcb-1.9.1-3.fc20.x86_64 libxkbcommon-0.3.1-1.fc20.x86_64 mesa-libEGL-9.2.5-1.20131220.fc20.x86_64 mesa-libGL-9.2.5-1.20131220.fc20.x86_64 mesa-libgbm-9.2.5-1.20131220.fc20.x86_64 mesa-libglapi-9.2.5-1.20131220.fc20.x86_64 openssl-libs-1.0.1e-37.fc20.x86_64 pixman-0.30.0-3.fc20.x86_64 systemd-libs-208-15.fc20.x86_64 trousers-0.3.11.2-1.fc20.x86_64
(gdb) quit
A debugging session is active.

	Inferior 1 [process 22971] will be detached.

Quit anyway? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Detaching from program: /usr/bin/emacs, process 22971

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.9.10)
 of 2013-08-15 on buildvm-17.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11404000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
 '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
 '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
 '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
 '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
 '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/lah

Minor modes in effect:
  cwarn-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: 1
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-d C-d C-d C-x C-s <prior> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <return> <up> <tab> s e l f . l o g g e r SPC 
= SPC L o g F a c t M-/ * ( <backspace> <backspace> 
( ) C-x C-s C-s E n v <C-right> <C-left> <left> <left> 
C-g C-g C-g C-g <right> <right> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-g C-x C-s M-< 
C-s C M . r s h C-g C-g <next> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> C-s s e l f . E n v C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-g C-g C-g 
C-g C-g M-< <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <next> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> M-% s e l f . l o g <return> <up> <C-right> 
<C-right> g e r . l o g <return> n n y y y y y y y 
y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y 
y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y 
y y y y y y y y y y y y y <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <up> <up> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-s <up> <up> 
<up> <up> M-x <up> <up> <up> C-g C-x b C-x b x m l 
. c <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Quit [6 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Replaced 63 occurrences
Saving file /home/beekhof/Development/sources/pacemaker/devel/cts/CTStests.py...
Wrote /home/beekhof/Development/sources/pacemaker/devel/cts/CTStests.py
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
Quit
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/beekhof/.emacs.d/elpa/color-theme-6.5.5/color-theme hides ~/.beekhof/emacs/color-theme
/home/beekhof/.emacs.d/elpa/repository-root-1.0.3/repository-root hides ~/.beekhof/emacs/repository-root
/home/beekhof/.emacs.d/elpa/grep-o-matic-1.0.4/grep-o-matic hides ~/.beekhof/emacs/grep-o-matic

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils sh-script smie executable python rx
make-mode subword dabbrev help-mode misearch multi-isearch nxml-uchnm
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok etags
add-log vc-git cwarn which-func imenu cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
browse-kill-ring grep-o-matic grep compile comint ansi-color ring
repository-root color-theme-tomorrow-night-bright
color-theme-tomorrow-night-blue color-theme-tomorrow-night-eighties
color-theme-tomorrow-night color-theme-tomorrow color-theme easymenu
wid-edit cl edmacro kmacro ibuffer skeleton uniquify advice help-fns
cl-lib advice-preload server browse-kill-ring-autoloads
color-theme-autoloads color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads
grep-a-lot-autoloads grep-o-matic-autoloads repository-root-autoloads
package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)