Subject: Re: bug#16990: 24.3.50; Return a useful value for motion functions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:00:50 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Enhancement request: Return a useful value for motion functions, when
> possible.
>
> The set of candidate functions for enhancement are motion functions.
> Yes, each needs to be checked in detail, and handled appropriately.
> One size does not fit all.  A return value choice should be based on
> what is generally most useful in the context of using the function.
>
> This is the promised followup from the discussion for bug #15117.  See
> that thread for more information (relevant functions, possible return
> values, etc.)

I seem to recall that this was about you wanting side-effect-only
functions to return values?  The rest of us were against it, I think.
Closing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no