Subject: bug#17968: closed (Re: bug#16986: Crash when idle)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 01:22:06 +0000

Your bug report

#16986: 24.3.92; crash in latest 24.4 prerelease

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16986: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16986
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16986: Crash when idle
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 21:21:54 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3.93

Paul Eggert wrote:

> I installed the attached patch as emacs-24 bzr 117421, as a change
> that should not break anything and most likely fixes the bug.

Hence closing. We can always reopen if needed.

Subject: 24.3.92; crash in latest 24.4 prerelease
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 20:41:09 -0400 (EDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--text follows this line--

(emms-play-file)
stack trace from osx
https://gist.github.com/ober/1f703f1b6920e634d597

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.2.0, NS 
apple-appkit-1265.20)
  of 2014-06-27 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
  `configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   erc-list-mode: t
   erc-menu-mode: t
   erc-autojoin-mode: t
   erc-ring-mode: t
   erc-networks-mode: t
   erc-pcomplete-mode: t
   erc-track-mode: t
   erc-track-minor-mode: t
   erc-match-mode: t
   erc-netsplit-mode: t
   erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
   erc-button-mode: t
   erc-fill-mode: t
   erc-stamp-mode: t
   erc-irccontrols-mode: t
   erc-noncommands-mode: t
   erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
   erc-readonly-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
   tabbar-mode: t
   projectile-global-mode: t
   global-auto-complete-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> M-x r e w <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> r e s e t <return> M-x e a <backspace>
m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Have endpoint: (home)
Decrypting /Users/jaimef/.authinfo.gpg...done
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/others/artbollocks-mode hides 
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/others/artbollocks-mode/artbollocks-mode
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/others/elim/elisp/test hides 
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/test
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/others/color-moccur hides 
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/elpa/color-moccur-20140425.1602/color-moccur
~/.emacs.d/others/apel/timezone hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/timezone
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/loadup hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/loadup
~/.emacs.d/others/apel/env hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/env
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/mailcap hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/mailcap
/Users/jaimef/.emacs.d/emms/tq hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow artbollocks-mode emacsbug network-stream starttls tls znc
erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks color erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp ido-better-flex smex pry term
disp-table ehelp web time-stamp workgroups pcase el4r ample-zen-theme
recentf ffap saveplace ido supergenpass garak notify dbus-util assoc
dbus tree-widget elim lui tracking flyspell ispell incomplete server
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs windmove emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-setup emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client
emms-lastfm-scrobbler w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems mule-util
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util xml parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url emms-player-simple emms-streams emms-tag-editor
emms-info-metaflac emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate emms emms-compat mu4e
mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368 smtpmail
sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired mu4e-lists mu4e-about mu4e-vars hl-line
mu4e-meta zone-settings zone-matrix-settings zone-matrix zone
wombat-theme winner tabbar cus-start cus-load clhs url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
browse-url slime-autoloads tj-parenface scheme projectile ibuf-ext
ibuffer pkg-info lisp-mnt epl grep dash s thingatpt grizzl grizzl-read
grizzl-core flymake compile rcodetools rsense rvm ruby-block ruby-mode
smie org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps google-maps-static
url-util url-parse auth-source url-vars google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message format-spec mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit bbdb-snarf mail-extr rfc822 bbdb-com warnings mailabbrev bbdb
timezone bbdb-autoloads secrets epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
edmacro kmacro eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
advice finder-inf info easymenu help-fns cl-macs cl gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib package time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1224175 81062)
  (symbols 48 54813 0)
  (miscs 40 392 1274)
  (strings 32 195228 32870)
  (string-bytes 1 5913552)
  (vectors 16 65503)
  (vector-slots 8 1798578 62643)
  (floats 8 759 293)
  (intervals 56 30805 2440)
  (buffers 960 73))

--