Subject: bug#16981: 24.3.50; electric-pair-delete-adjacent-pairs broken in c-mode, python-mode, maybe-others

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:48:21 -0400

> Hmmm now I remember that's it's even harder than defadvice to find the
> extra code, docstring-wise I mean. How would a hacker discover we're
> using the filter trick. describe-key doesn't help. .

Right.  C-h k will give you the binding, but only when
electric-pair-delete-pair would be run.  To make this trick more widely
usable, we'd need to change C-h k so that it shows all "possible bindings".

> Anyway should I install it?

If that's OK with you, yes.

> To emacs-24 only?

Yes.

> - I got two commits that are in trunk, r116926 and r116940, and should
> be in (cherry-picked to?) emacs-24

Just take the corresponding diffs (IIRC you can use
"bzr merge -r116925..r116926 .../trunk" for that) and commit them into
emacs-24.

Bzr doesn't really know about cherry picking, but if you put
"backported" into your commit message, our bzrmerge.el script
will know that this commit is already in the trunk and will know how to
avoid the corresponding conflicts when merging emacs-24 back into trunk.

> - Three different fixes (bugs 16981,17192 and 17183) not yet pushed that
> I think you want me to only push to emacs-24, since that will be merged
> back to trunk later.

Right.

        Stefan