Subject: 24.3.50; redisplay--update-region-highlight: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 11:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

In a new session, with my setup, I did C-h v post-command-hook.  That
showed this as the value:

(global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers 1on1-change-cursor-on-input-method
1on1-change-cursor-on-overwrite/read-only 1on1-fit-minibuffer-frame)

Then I did this:

M-: (remove-hook 'post-command-hook '1on1-change-cursor-on-input-method)

And I got this backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  redisplay--update-region-highlight(#<window 10 on *Help*>)
  mapc(redisplay--update-region-highlight (#<window 10 on *Help*> #<window 8 on drews-lisp-20>))
  #[...
  funcall(#[...
  redisplay--update-region-highlights(t)
  apply(redisplay--update-region-highlights t)
  #[...
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()

However, trying to reproduce that in another new session, I was unable
to repro it.  HTH - if not, feel free to close the bug.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-03-04 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 116662 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib'