Subject: bug#16963: A patch to create a list-with-tail primitive.

From: Demetrios Obenour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:37:25 -0400

On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 19:45 -0700, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> On 03/24/2014 07:10 PM, Stefan wrote:
> >> Since a comment in backquote.el said that backquote-list* needed to be a
> >> primitive, here is an implementation of it as one, under the name
> >> list-with-tail.
> > 
> > I think it would make more sense to call it `list*'.  Also it might make
> > sense to change backquote.el so it uses this `list*' (tho probably only
> > when passed with enough arguments).
> 
> Agreed. On more that one occasion, I've wished we had a CL-less `list*'.
> If you do add this feature, please make sure the existing list* compiler
> macros keep working.
> 
What about just deleting these compiler macros, and making cl-list* an
alias for list*?

There seems to be little point in keeping them if list* is a primitive.