Subject: 24.3; Toolbar sometimes shows wrong icon

From: Thomas Dye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:09:57 -1000

The attached screen shot shows the problem. The toolbar icon circled in
red is one used by gnus, which I just finished using to read mail. The
bottom window shows the value of tool-bar-map, which indicates that a
"Paste" icon should appear.

I've noticed this problem for several weeks. Unfortunately, this is on a
new setup for a new machine, so I'm not able to come up with a change
that possibly triggers the problem.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
 of 2014-02-08 on tennine-slave.macports.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--with-ns' '--without-x'
 '--without-dbus' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os -arch x86_64'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch
 x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
e <tab> - l i <tab> <backspace> C-g <escape> : ( f 
o r c e - m o d e - l i n e - u p d a e <backspace> 
t e ) <return> <escape> : ( r e d r a w - f e a m <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r a m e ) <return> q C-h f 
e w <backspace> <backspace> r e d r a w - f r a m <tab> 
<return> C-x 1 <escape> 1 <escape> : ( r e d r a w 
- f r a m e ) <return> x C-x 1 <tool-bar> <kill-buffer> 
<escape> : ( r e d r a w - f e r <backspace> <backspace> 
r a m e SPC 0 ) <return> C-h v f r a m e <return> <tab> 
C-g <escape> x r e d r a w - <tab> <return> C-c g L 
<down> <down> <down> <return> <return> <return> q q 
y C-h v t o o l - b a r - m a p <return> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<help-echo> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<next> <next> <next> <next> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down> <down> <down> <next> <prior> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <next> <prior> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <next> 
<next> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 
1 <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Reading active file via nnml...done
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
No news is good news
No more unseen articles
No more unread articles
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n)  y
(No changes need to be saved)
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Load-path shadows:
/Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /Users/dk/.emacs.d/elpa/ess-20140304.2344/.dir-locals
/Users/dk/.emacs.d/custom hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-wl hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-wl
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-vm hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mew hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mew
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow emacsbug debug flow-fill gnus-kill shr-color color mailalias
smtpmail sendmail mule-util gnus-uu yenc sort shr smiley gnus-cite qp
mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg mail-extr gnus-ml disp-table pop3
nndraft nnmh gnutls nnml nnfolder parse-time netrc network-stream
starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils ebib ebib-filters ebib-keywords ebib-db
ebib-utils ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-id
alect-light-theme alect-themes ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme ess-menu
ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d
ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-sta-d ess-sta-l make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d
ess-julia ess-r-d ess-tracebug ess-roxy hideshow ess-help ess-developer
ess-r-args ess-s-l ess ess-inf ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils
ess-custom executable ess-compat ess-site org-table tabify vc-git
flyspell ispell org-element avl-tree org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-sh ob-python ob-org ob-lisp
ob-latex ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-styles cc-align ob-awk ob-R slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc eldoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
etags arc-mode archive-mode pp hyperspec browse-url femlisp
external-abook avoid server defaultcontent bibtex-open-file-for-viewing
bibtex-normalize-file-name exec-path-from-shell paredit python-mode
thingatpt imenu flymake rx shell cc-cmds cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
compile yasnippet help-mode ido paren windmove edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv
recentf tree-widget wid-edit uniquify ffap url-parse auth-source eieio
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars saveplace cl
alect-themes-autoloads auctex-latexmk-autoloads auctex-autoloads
tex-site defaultcontent-autoloads ebib-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads
ipython-autoloads magit-autoloads info git-rebase-mode-autoloads
git-commit-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
python-mode-autoloads slime-autoloads finder-inf yasnippet-autoloads
zenburn-theme-autoloads package org byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile cconv advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)

-- 
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813
Tel: 808-529-0866, Fax: 808-529-0884
http://www.tsdye.com