Subject: bug#16948: closed (Re: bug#16948: 24.3; Menu bar and Semantic error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#16948: 24.3; Menu bar and Semantic error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
16948: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16948
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#16948: 24.3; Menu bar and Semantic error
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 12:12:32 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

[email-masked] wrote:

> (semantic-mode 1)
> (menu-bar-mode 0)
> (setq debug-on-error t)
>
> Then run `M-x toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame'. This error pops up in *Backtrace*:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable senator-tag-ring)

Thanks for the report. This is already fixed in Emacs trunk; ie will be
fixed in Emacs 24.4.

2013-03-21  Eric Ludlam  <[email-masked]>

    * semantic.el (navigate-menu): Yank Tag :enable.  Make sure
    `senator-tag-ring' is bound.

Subject: 24.3; Menu bar and Semantic error
From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:11:42 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Run `emacs -Q', evaluate these 3 expressions in arbitrary order:

(semantic-mode 1)
(menu-bar-mode 0)
(setq debug-on-error t)

Then run `M-x toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame'. This error pops up in *Backtrace*:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable senator-tag-ring)
  (ring-empty-p senator-tag-ring)
  (not (ring-empty-p senator-tag-ring))
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()

`M-x emacs-version':
  
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6) of 2013-12-23 on brahms, modified by Debian  

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
 of 2013-12-23 on brahms, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	LMDE Cinnamon Edition

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ergoemacs-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f . M-z C-o C-g C-o <return> i n i <right> <return> 
M-e M-e <backspace> C-a M-c M-a e m a c s - b u g <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m <tab> <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
Loading ergoemacs-shortcuts...done
Loading ergoemacs-extras...done
Loading ergoemacs-advices...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/variant-sindikat.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/mail.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/orgrc.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/keyfreq.el (source)...done
When done with this frame, type M-x delete-frame
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/custom
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/json-1.2/json hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-info
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-install
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/.emacs.d/secrets hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/secrets

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
hippie-exp server icomplete hl-line paren ido keyfreq disp-table
whitespace org-mobile smtpmail auth-source eieio password-cache sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils org-w3m org-wl
org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-id org-gnus gnus-util org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb ob-scheme
wombat-theme undo-tree diff suspend app ergoemacs-menus shell grep
compile esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dired-x cl-macs gv dired
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs org-capture org-agenda org byte-opt
warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ring
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ibuffer face-remap man ansi-color delsel
ergoemacs-mode two-column ergoemacs-advices advice help-fns
advice-preload cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit ergoemacs-extras
json ergoemacs-shortcuts ergoemacs-translate ergoemacs-functions
ergoemacs-modal ergoemacs-unbind descr-text help-mode ergoemacs-themes
ergoemacs-layouts cua-rect rect cua-base cl cl-lib
ergoemacs-mode-autoloads ghc-autoloads ghci-completion-autoloads
finder-inf haskell-mode-autoloads edmacro kmacro json-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads org-autoloads info easymenu undo-tree-autoloads
package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)