Subject: Re: bug#16938: 24.3.50; Support the Dash shell shebang and .[bd]sh file types

From: John Yates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 08:21:03 -0500

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >      ("dash" . sh-mode)
> Sounds good.

That's the one that really matters to me as many (most?) of my scripts have
no file extension.

I've never come across .bsh and .dsh used as extensions in this way.
> I find zero examples on two random RHEL6, Debian testing machines.
> The only .bsh files are LibreOffice components that are not bash scripts.
> So this seems like something for your personal .emacs.
>

I guess I suggested .bsh and .dsh for completeness.  My first encounter
with .bsh was on my newest job.  I introduced .dsh once I started using a
#!/bin/dash shebang.  Given that you found a LibreOffice conflict I am
happy to withdraw my suggestion.

/john