Subject: Re: bug#16923: 24.3.50; reression: `set-frame-size' loses mode line

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:08:49 -0700

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> frame pixel: 728 x 828   cols/lines: 104 x 69   units: 7 x 12
>                    ^^^
> frame text pixel: 707 x 828   cols/lines: 101 x 69
> tool: 0  scroll: 21  fringe: 0  border: 0  right: 2  bottom: 2
> w32-rect: (0 0 736 884), (0 0 728 804)
>                                   ^^^
> by 24 pixels, incidentally (maybe) the equivalent of two lines of 12
> pixels.  Please try two things now:
>
> (1) Repeat the test once with a default character height of 11 pixels
>     and once with say 14 pixels so we can tell whether the two lines
>     paradigm holds.
>
> (2) Try to replace `fit-frame' by (set-frame-size nil 101 69) so we can
>     eliminate `fit-frame' as possible source of the problem and have an
>     easier repeatable scenario.

More information was requested five years ago, but none was given, so
I'm closing this bug report.  If further progress can be made now,
please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no