Subject: bug#16923: 24.3.50; reression: `set-frame-size' loses mode line

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 20:54:12 +0100

> No, it does not.  You asked me to invoke `window--dump-frame' multiple
 > times before and after each invocation of `fit-frame'.

I always said before and after a "resize operation".  But if as you say
`fit-frame' calls `set-frame-size' once only and no-one else calls
`set-frame-size' in between, it's OK.  In the future please remember:
I'm only interested in calls to resize the frame.

 > I figured 3
 > times would be enough to satisfy that (so 6 times per `fit-frame').
 > Did I misunderstand the request?

The "several times" was obviously a misunderstanding.  I meant to make
one call before and after each `set-frame-size' and trigger that
operation several times, until the mode line disappears.

 > There is one `set-frame-size' per `fit-frame' call.  So seven calls
 > to `set-frame-size'.

On line 3 of throw-emacs-bug-16923.txt I see

frame pixel: 627 x 832   cols/lines: 75 x 57   units: 8 x 14

on line 48 I see

frame pixel: 627 x 856   cols/lines: 75 x 59   units: 8 x 14

and on line 93 I see

frame pixel: 627 x 748   cols/lines: 75 x 51   units: 8 x 14

I think these are the first in a row of three identic dumps.

This means that the frame size changes across the "------------" on line
91.  And it changes again across the next two "------------"'s.  Can you
explain that?  If it's caused by the window manager, then you should
notice that the heights don't fit already there (you got 51 lines
instead of the 59 you requested).  If it's not caused by the window
manager I don't know.

martin