Subject: bug#16916: 24.3.50; scroll-bar-mode right breaks split-window-right, in no-window mode

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 17:05:32 +0100

Steps to repeat:

    emacs -Q -nw
    (set-scroll-bar-mode 'right) C-j
    C-x 3

    Here, an error "Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil" is issued.

When enabling debug on error, it appears as though the problem is in the
function `window--min-size-1'.

Sincerely,
    Anders Lindgren

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
 of 2014-02-16 on macpro.lan
Repository revision: 116451
[email-masked]
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ ? 1 ; 2 c ( s e t - s c r TAB ESC TAB SPC ' r
i g h t ) C-j C-x 3 C-x 2 ESC O A ESC O B C-s 1 C-x
1 ESC O A ESC O A ESC O C ESC O B ESC O A ESC O D C-@
C-e ESC w ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A C-h C-g ESC x r e p o r t - e m TAB RET

Recent messages:
("/Volumes/HD2/build/emacs10/trunk/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
window--min-size-1: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
Mark set
End of buffer
C-h C-g is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch xterm
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)