Subject: Re: bug#1691: 23.0.60; Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:38:23 +0300

On 2009-08-07 14:51 (+0300), Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I get this same error with my Emacs too; it's built from commit:
>> 
>> 
>>     commit 9684dba86f29706650c2321930e207c782647502
>>     Author: Jay Belanger <[email-masked]>
>>     Date:   2009-08-05 00:43:34 +0000
>> 
>>         (Types Tutorial Exercise 2): Fix wording.
>
> This commit cannot be the reason for the problem, since it just
> updates the Calc manual.

True. It was just the version I used, and which gives the warning.

But now I have successfully git-bisected the commit which introduced the
warning for me (CCing to Juri):

a3459829899b3abe2ff20851b98d811b5fbdbbf9 is first bad commit
commit a3459829899b3abe2ff20851b98d811b5fbdbbf9
Author: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Aug 4 23:51:58 2009 +0000

    Commands to add/delete file/directory-local variables.
    (read-file-local-variable, read-file-local-variable-value)
    (read-file-local-variable-mode, modify-file-local-variable)
    (modify-file-local-variable-prop-line)
    (modify-dir-local-variable): New functions.
    (add-file-local-variable, delete-file-local-variable)
    (add-file-local-variable-prop-line, delete-file-local-variable-prop-line)
    (add-dir-local-variable, delete-dir-local-variable)
    (copy-file-locals-to-dir-locals, copy-dir-locals-to-file-locals)
    (copy-dir-locals-to-file-locals-prop-line): New commands.