Subject: bug#16909: 24.3; scrolling *Completions* window with tab sometimes chooses a wrong window

From: Lukasz Pawelczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 13:11:24 +0100

On Saturday, March 1, 2014, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I just posted this setq line as a workaround. And why does it break?
> Because if you set it then C-M-v will always try to scroll *Completions*
> and not regular other-window buffer which is useful sometimes (e.g. while
> using help, an approach mentioned even in tutorial).
>
> So it seems there are two ways to tackle this problem:
>
> (1) Kill the *Completions* buffer when we're done so it won't be
>     inadvertently displayed by `other-window-for-scrolling'.

How is this supposed to work?
The problem is _during_ the Completions buffer is shown, when we're hitting
Tab, not when we're done. Besides its window is usually closed
automatically. Killing the buffer won't make the scroll-other-window work
the usuall way.

> (2) Bind `other-window-scroll-buffer' temporarily only as long as the
>     *Completions* buffer is shown.

This would work I imagine. But don't do this in general when the
Completions buffer is shown, but only when we use autocomplete
functionality with Tab _and_ the buffer is shown.

> martin

-- 
Regards
Havner